Saturday, May 9, 2009

Almost looking up

Have you ever had one of those days when you know you should have just stayed in bed? Well, that was my week. Almost everything went wrong. I should have known once i hurt my finger (which now has a huge chunk of nail missing in the middle). So after a week of a sore finger, a shattered applesauce jar (Thankfully no glass in my then bare feet), mean people, and my usual brain-dead state, life started to look up again today. Jennifer surprised me with this coveted fabric. (She claims it was just scraps she won't use, but I secretly know it's just because she likes me so much!)



And, I get to leave for munich with Jenny in the morning. Although It's just a really short trip (we return monday night) I am in desperate need of it. So because life loves me so much right now.... It decided to let me end my day driving home in a hail storm....

Sorry if this post was a bummer, but I promise to be enthusiastic, upbeat, and optimistic next week. I will post a happy cheerful quilt for you that i have just finished! (binding and all.... it rarely happens) and maybe some nice pictures of Munich!!!

6 comments:

pearlswirl said...

Katelyn Katelyn Katelyn... I crave road trip. Can't wait til tomorrow!

That fabric is insane and i am actually waiting to see a gnome-shaped quilt. Good luck with the binding on that one!

HAHA, things ARE starting to look up! I love the little birdies on your blog. So you!!!

Mary said...

Have fun, you derserve it! And Drive Safe! The mother in me has to say that =-)

lizy said...

The fabric is gorgeous, can't wait to see what you'll do with it. You deserve a break! Have tons of fun in Munich with Jenny and stay out of mischiefs :) Take lots of pictures....

Corinnea said...

Katelyn you are a wonderful, imaginative, clever, fun, sweet, person that I am glad to know. Of course Jennifer gave you the fabric because she likes you!!! Now we are all waiting to see what you will come up with. Have a great road trip.

Jennifer said...

I know you two will have a lot of fun! You wild and crazy girls:) I gave you those fabrics for many reasons. Here are two: you share my love for heather ross,therefore I KNOW you will use and appreciate the fabrics and you are sooooo wonderful and fun to work with (it's a better day when you are working:). oh, one more. I love seeing what you come up with! You are really talented katelyn:)

Adrienne said...

*HUG*

What goes down, has to come back up. I hope you had a good time in Munich! Now, get busy with that fabric. :)