Wednesday, June 2, 2010

Elephants!

After seeing everyone else make Heather Bailey's adorable little stuffed elephants, I had to give them a try. I used some boy fabrics so that I could send them off to my nephew coming this fall. And as it happens his mom is a big elephant lover!



Now, don't judge. These poor little guys are my first attempts at stuffed animals and I think they turned out pretty darn cute. They're super easy and addicting to make, but they do have lumps and bumps, some showing stitches, and they are a teensy bit crooked.



I couldn't do the whole tiny fabric tail thing, so I stuck some ribbon on their butts instead. I think it's kinda cute, and way easier. So all in all I love them and definitely recommend them to anyone who wants to give some stuffies a try!

7 comments:

Jennifer said...

Oh I love them! good job for your
1st try! soooo cute! And I couldn't do the tiny tail thing either. I tried too.

Corinnea said...

Acrobatic elephants!!! They are so cute! I love the fabrics you chose! Between the three of us we have a herd! I'll bring mine if you bring yours.

Jean said...

Cute! I love the ribbon tails.

pollywog said...

Thank you for the ribbon suggestion on the tail. I ran into exactly that problem and had set the elephant aside in frustrating (as I sometimes do when things don't go exactly as the pattern says) but it is helpful to know someone else faced the same problem and went with an inventive solution. This is my first stuffie patter as well - I think yours turned out great!

KD Designs said...

Darling! I love the fabrics and the little ribbon tails are cute! Great job!

Adrienne said...

I LOLed at the part where you "stuck some ribbon on their butts". :) They are super cute! I have the pattern, but I haven't been able to do anything with it yet.

lizy said...

Soo cute!! love their tails :)