Monday, July 15, 2013

Flowers, Fabric, and Kittens

Something I've always struggled with in my life is remembering to water plants and keeping them alive for any period of time. But I must say that since moving here I have been quite successful with my flower garden. However that may just be because I've thrown a box of dollar store wild flower seeds into the ground and don't have to water them...

But, nonetheless, they do encourage happiness when I step out my front door every morning. Also, I've chosen to keep cactuses in my window after hearing rumors that they are practically impossible to kill.


So I do believe these small steps should lead to me having a very green thumb. Also I found an awesome use for those Gluhwein mugs that I'm never actually going to use.

After accomplishing the ability to keep flowers alive I have taken things a step further and adopted a little kitten. Well actually I have two now... as it turns out if I find one or someone hands me one and implies that it is likely to die unless I take it, I can't say no. (It's also how I got stuck feeding a couple of baby sparrows every two hours, they lived and have long since flown off, but I forgot to take pictures)
My kittens are impossible to take pictures of as it turns out, but I managed to sneak a crummy one of this guy while he was watching me sew. The other little one is black with longer hair who I found while bourbon trailing, and was way to young to be out on her own and abandoned.
Finally... I have way to much fabric! I never thought I would say that but it is very true. So, I've set up a destash on Etsy with some that I'm letting go. If you want to check it out just head over to




pearlswirl said...

AAAHHHHHHHHHH so much excitement! We will start with the kittens. Oh goodness I love them both so much already! What are the names? Ages? Personailty traits? Distinguishing features? Digestive systems? haha ok maybe not. But seriously, sooooo cute. Cute shop too! I love the banner! I want to see craftssssss! :) :) :)

Kelly's Korner said...

I like your choice of plant containers! Your kitten looks cute. I hope they let you photograph hem so we can see!