Friday, April 25, 2014

Painting Class

So I was recently invited to a private art class at my local Community Arts Center by some work friends. I jumped at the opportunity and was even more excited to learn that we were going to learn to paint Van Gogh's Starry Night. Here is how it turned out:

 
I know, it looks nothing like the original, but I love it all the same. How the class was conducted was so neat. The artist stood at the front of the class with a finished painting and a blank canvas. Our canvases and paint pallets were ready to go, and we followed the instructor step by step. After three hours everyone's paintings were similar and different but all of us were happy.
 
(Cough, Cough, Wink, Wink Patch Arts and Crafts... you need to do this.)
 
We also were allowed to bring whatever food or beverages we wanted while listening to music.
 

 
Like I said, nothing like the original, but so much fun. I just really love the colors.

 
I was in the back of the class so I think my village may have turned out very different than it was supposed to.

 
To finish the post off, my kitty and my bunny snuggling in the warm sun. What could make you feel better than a cat and a rabbit being friends?

/

4 comments:

Jennifer said...

I love it! I've always wanted to do one of these paint and drink classes!! It looks great. Honestly.

kms handmade said...

Katelyn this is so awesome! Your painting turned out great! We've been doing this at the shop for a year now! We offer the classes in the clubs so people can buy their drinks. I posted my two paintings a while back. Yesterday I got to brief every commander in the army about this program!!! It's really doing well here! I am thrilled to see you getting back into art! I hope this next phase of your life gives you plenty of time for creativity!!

Corinnea said...

Very nice! Good to see you back. Sorry I didn't know sooner. I've kinda been mia

Beth said...

Its really hard to see what your up to when you don't facebook OR blog. SIGH!!!!