Thursday, November 12, 2009

Blogs Make Me Sick...

It seems as though every time I blog about something I'm sick. So therefore my blog makes me sick... no? Anyways, at least I accomplish things when my blog makes me sick. In fact it seems like it's the only time I ever really finish anything. This time it was my jacket.



The pattern is called the Uptown Coat by Favorite things. When it came in the shop Corinnea and I were the first to grab them. I just now finished mine, and she just now finished her fourth one... she makes me feel real good about my small procrastination problem. But, anyways, here it is.



I used some charcoal colored corduroy for the outside, and the lining is my favorite print from the American Jane Recess line.



I finished it yesterday morning and have only taken it off to sleep ( put it back on as soon as I woke up), It's by far the most comfortable piece of clothing I own. Not only that, but this is the first piece of clothing I've ever finished! Motivated by this I decided to finish a blouse I had long put away... and let's just say that it will never ever see the light of day.... back to small steps.

8 comments:

pearlswirl said...

I LOOOOOOOOOVE IT! YOU ARE MY HERO KATELYN REEVES!!!!!!! Ahhhhhh so gorgeous! It looks like such a great shape!

Also, while you're at it, you might want to finish that tunic... what? I'm just sayin'.

Corinnea said...

I LOVE IT!!!! Fantastic, stupendous, really really cool!!
The color combo is yummy. It looks really good on you! Now you know why I sometimes don't take it off all day! I am SO proud of you.

Hope you feel better.

kms handmade said...

OH KATELYN!!! I LOVE the gray!!!!! Oh my goodness, what a great color combo! Way to go!

Jennifer said...

I'm so proud of you Katelyn:) Really good job. I want to see it in person. It's adorable!!

Mary said...

Very cute! Oh yeah, I have the same problem as you. I guess we can't all be Jennifer and Corinnea.

lizy said...

Beautiful!!! It looks awesome on you. I wouldn't take off if it was me. What a terrific job you did :) SOOOO proud of you. I have to do mine.....

Adrienne said...

It looks fantastic! You did a great job with it. :) I hope you feel better!

Kara Forristall said...

wow, it looks great! the fabric is super and the lining even better!