Monday, January 17, 2011

More Softies

I've made more softies!!! This time I used the wee wonderfuls patterns. All hand sewn again is first up the snail.



I love him! The shell is... wait for it....



BATIK.

Yes I know... sorry you sad batik haters out there. But the colors in this fabric was perfect for the shell, and the fact that it's double sided makes it even more perfect!



And moving on... we have the turtle!



Made with more wool felt and wildwood fabric that Jenny gave me when I quilted her quilt.



I love these colors together! From the back...



And from the top, in the real turtle position.

7 comments:

pearlswirl said...

Well aren't those guys adorable?!!!!!! I see you're still continuing on the hand sewing path. I, on the other hand, just recently got an itching to machine sew something--doesn't always happen but i could feel it in my muscles! I'll be posting that shortly. Glad you like that fabric, it turned out so cute on the butt of a turtle! Are these gifts for the spoiled and adorable Caleb??

pearlswirl said...

P.S. I just read your castle post which I had somehow missed out on! AWESOME/HILARIOUS!! you, my dear, area fabulous piece of royalty. And people better not forget it.

Corinnea said...

Is there something about being the manager of the most fantastic shop ever that makes people sit and work on the cutest little softies?? hmmmm

Very cute! I love using batik for the snail too. It makes a nice braid.

Heard you and Kelly are going to meet Adrianna of Crafter Hours! Fun!!

kms handmade said...

Cuties!!! I love how their little eyes make them look like super heros!

Adrienne said...

Sweet! Are you going to name them?? They do look like little super heroes, you should give them superhero names. :)

Juliette said...

wow, these guys are adorable! way to go!

Nice to see another Ami in Deutschland who sews! =)

Jennifer said...

I am so behind on commenting!! I'm sooo happy you finally made these!! I love them!