Saturday, January 7, 2012

Break Over

Breaks, over... I enjoyed two wonderful weeks visiting my family in the states. Sad as I am though, it feels really good to be home. Even if i'm suffering terrible jet lag and my new sleep schedule is from 3 AM to 1 PM. I've decided to take a break from showing you some of my crafty awesomeness in this post and show you some of my grandmothers. Whenever someone new enters our family (baby or spouse) a stocking awaits there arrival.



How on earth she is able to knit these I shall never understand. I have an extremely hard time working two sticks while tangling yarn between them, and often my attempts involve one needle shoved between my legs, and the other somehow knotting up the yarn I paid too much for on account of it being shiny.



Yet my grandmother has managed to make over 50 of these stockings in her lifetime. Each of them perfect, and a special memory for anyone lucky enough to receive one.



And my favorite part... the bells adorning the bottom of each stocking for a little Christmas Cheer!



I hope your holidays were just as warm and memorable.

3 comments:

Adrienne said...

How wonderful! They make for lovely memories and keepsakes. Merry Christmas and happy new year to you!!!

kms handmade said...

Those are really cool! You'll get there one day if you keep practicing. Shiny yarn probably works as a motivator!

Jennifer said...

i love that she makes one for each new addition:)