Tuesday, January 17, 2012

Circa 1934

I made yet another quilt... I'm sure it's getting old by now.



I do really like this one though. It's made using Circa 1934 fabric by Cosmo Cricket. This is such an awesome line. For the pattern I used Kitchen Window from Elizabeth Hartman's book The Practical Guide to Patchwork.



For the outer sashing I used a chambray that gives an awesome pop to the inner fabrics.



On another note, school started back up today... reminding me once again why I hate it so much. Yay!

6 comments:

Corinnea said...

Gorgeous! Love it!
I'm finishing up one using her mod mosaics pattern...

Good luck with school.

pearlswirl said...

Oh wow, it is SO pretty. It's a very different color palette and fabric style to what you normally use, but somehow the Kitchen Window pattern and the placement still make it very 'you'. Lovely. PLEASE PLEASE can you post pictures either here or on flickr of the union jack quilt?! I am telling literally EVERYONE about it and i need photographic evidence of how awesome and beautiful it is. PLEASE?!

(yes I realize I'm obsessed and I'm sure you regret the whole thing now.)

kms handmade said...

I really love it Katelyn! This is one of those "don't leave it out of your sight for too long" kind of quilts. :) Good luck with school! Just remember, the end is SO CLOSE! You'll do fine!

Jennifer said...

Don't ever ask if we're getting sick of quilts! This is YOUR blog, right? And it is a quilting/sewing blog, right? You inspire with your quilts:0

Tina said...

I love this pattern from the book, would have never thought of making it in this color palette. I love it, wonderful quilt. Keep it up, I love seing your quilts and things you sew.

Erin @ Why Not Sew? Quilts said...

I love circa 1934 too! Your quilt is awesome!