Monday, January 9, 2012

Only Rainbows

I made myself a little inspirational wall hanging. A few months ago I was driving home from an incredibly terrible day and Andy Grammer's "Keep Your Head Up" began playing. When it hit the lines "Only rainbows after rain, the sun will always come again" it made me realize exactly how true it all was. After any little breakdown, bad week, or hard time I hit, a rainbow will always come.



For this mini quilt I borrowed One Shabby Chicks method of letter applique. I love the style it creates, and I don't think you can tell but I quilted in little raindrops around the words.



I am so completely in love with this piece, and will hopefully wake up every morning knowing that a rainbow will eventually come.

5 comments:

kms handmade said...

I love it Katelyn! And love the new blog design!

pearlswirl said...

I agree with Kelly! Who designed your banner and little widget picture? They're SOO you! Although i did love the antique singer picture you had up before... And Wow that mini-quilt is so adorable!!!!

sew sew n sew said...

what a good idea! very positive and a good reminder in life. i love making applique too. I stick fabric using steam a seam 2 and usually embroidered around the applique.

Corinnea said...

Very cute and a good reminder!

Jennifer said...

i LOVE this mini quilt. It's stinkin' adorable. My personal motto is "don't let the sun poop on your rainy day..." or something like that.