Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Sprocket Pillow

I've been wanting to make a sprocket pillow from this tutorial for a while now.



I love the ones popping up all over the internet that people have made. Mine however has pom pom ribbon... (add in evil laugh).



However I don't suggest doing this, it was hard. I chose to alternate pink and blue while using some of my favorite fabrics. I really wanted to make it rainbow, but I'm trying not to buy new fabrics right now and I didn't have a pretty purple. Maybe next time.



I used some Nicey Jane for the back, and I'm not all that in love with it. But it's on the back so I can live with it.



Do you like my new blog header??? I love it. I've been reading this book and it is so awesome and inspiring. Because of this book I bought a custom etsy shop, blog banner, and business cards from this awesome etsian. Within 3 days everything was finished and the communication was excellent. I'm not ready to set up a shop anytime soon, but it's still nice to have everything ready!

4 comments:

kms handmade said...

I like the pillow! The pom pom trim looks great! And I think I already told you I like the new graphics, but it's worth repeating! :)

pearlswirl said...

It's so cute! Was the pop-pom trim really that hard to use? Cause you know I still have plans to make mine... eventually... at some point... down the road...

Corinnea said...

Nice pillow, I love the pom poms. I think it looks like it should always have poms on it!

The new header is really cute. I'll look forward to your shop when you open!

Jennifer said...

I love the pillow Katelyn! Sooo cute! ANd the pom poms make it better than everyone elses:)

I LOVE LOVE LOVE your new header!!!!